Porsche Taycan Adds Apple Podcasts & Apple Music Integration
Following last year’s integration of Apple Music into the all-electric Porsche Taycan, Porsche and Apple are pleased to introduce a new, seamless podcast experience, and an enhanced music experience, with support for Apple Podcasts and Apple Music’s Time-Synced lyrics on the passenger-side display.
From the touchscreen display of the Porsche Advanced Cockpit, drivers can stream over 1.5 million shows from Apple Podcasts, the world’s leading podcast platform. This is the first-ever full integration of Apple Podcasts in any vehicle, and it includes the entire catalog-of-record with programming in 100 languages plus Top Charts for shows and episodes.
Apple Music has also added support for Time-Synced Lyrics on the passenger-side display, making it easy to discover, sing, or just follow along to songs from their library, thousands of curated playlists, and personalized stations.
“The Taycan embodies the pioneering spirit of Porsche – as the first all-electric car from Zuffenhausen. It sets benchmarks within the context of digitalisation and sustainability – and this also applies to the interior,” says Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG. “The new Apple Music and Apple Podcast offerings expand the emotional driving experience with the Taycan with a seamlessly integrated digital feature for music lovers. There is more to come.”
“A great podcast can make any drive more enjoyable,” said Oliver Schusser, Vice President of Apple Music, Beats and International Content. “With Apple Podcasts, drivers can effortlessly catch up on the latest news, hear incredible stories and enjoy the company of their favorite hosts. And with Apple Music, passengers can easily sing along to their favorite songs with Time-Synced Lyrics.”
Apple Podcasts and Apple Music’s time-synced lyrics are available to new Taycan customers today and will rollout to all owners in January.
The Porsche & Apple In-Car Experience
Drivers can enjoy the following features and benefits in the Taycan thanks to the unique collaboration between Porsche and Apple:
- Enjoy Effortless Podcast Listening: Listen to your favorite podcast in your Taycan and seamlessly pick up where you left off on your other devices when you link your Apple ID with your car.
- Stream 70 million Songs Ad-Free with Apple Music: Subscribers can enjoy a world of music, with a personalized Listen Now tab, thousands of exclusive, curated playlists, and daily selections from artists playing today’s hits, classics, and country on Apple Music Radio.
- Use the Porsche Voice Assistant: Request popular podcast episodes or shows from Apple Podcasts, or songs, playlists, and stations, including the all-new Apple Music 1, just by using your voice.
- Discover on Broadcast Radio, then Listen on Apple Music: Create your own custom station on Apple Music from any song you find while listening to broadcast radio in your car.
- Stream Exclusive Porsche Playlists: Listen to curated playlists such as “Soul, Electrified” from Porsche, only on Apple Music.
- Access Complementary Music and Data: New and existing Porsche owners can get up to six months free of Apple Music, and new Taycan customers will receive three years of complimentary in-car streaming data.
The Porsche Taycan also supports Apple CarPlay. Drivers can easily connect their iPhone to get directions optimized for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music and podcasts by tapping the Taycan touchscreen display or by asking Siri, all while staying focused on the road.